The ZSSC4169 is a member of IDT's ZSSC416x family of CMOS integrated circuits for highly accurate amplification and sensor-specific correction of differential bridge sensor signals. Featuring a maximum pre-amplification in the range of 150 to 200, the ZSSC4169 is adjustable to nearly all resistive bridges as well as voltage source sensor types. Digital compensation of offset, sensitivity, temperature drift, and nonlinearity is accomplished with a 16-bit RISC microcontroller. Calibration coefficients and configuration data are stored in an integrated non-volatile memory (NVM), which is reliable in automotive applications. Measured values can be read via a digital SENT. The SENT interface enables transmission of sensor data via its fast channel as well as supplementary data via its Serial Data Message ("slow") channel using only one output pin. End-of-line calibration is supported via an I²C interface or via a One-Wire Interface (OWI) through the data output pin (DOUT). The ZSSC4169 and the calibration equipment communicate digitally, so the noise sensitivity is greatly reduced. Digital calibration helps keep assembly cost low as no trimming by external devices or lasers is needed. The ZSSC4169 is optimized for automotive environments by overvoltage and reverse polarity protection circuitry, excellent electromagnetic compatibility, and multiple diagnostic features.
- Differential bridge sensor input and on-chip or external temperature sensors, selectable for conditioning of sensor input signal and /or temperature output
- Extended temperature measurement options (i.e., internal sensor, external diode)
- SENT interface; OWI or I²C option for calibration
- Digital compensation of offset, gain, and higher order nonlinearity as well as temperature coefficients of measured sensor input signals
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 150°C
- Accuracy: ±0.50% FSO at -40°C to 125°C
- NVM memory for configuration data, user-configurable measurement and conditioning function, and user-selected data