The 308 is a versatile serially programmable, quad PLL clock source. The 308 can generate any frequency from 250 kHz to 200 MHz, and up to 6 different output frequencies simultaneously. The outputs can be reprogrammed on the fly, and will lock to a new frequency in 10 ms or less. Smooth transitions (in which the clock duty cycle remains roughly 50%) are guaranteed if the output divider is not changed. The device includes a PDTS pin which tri-states the output clocks and powers down the entire chip. The 308 default for non-programmed start-up are buffered reference clock outputs on all clock output pins.
- Packaged in 20-pin SSOP (QSOP) – Pb-free, RoHS compliant
- Operating voltage of 3.3 V
- Highly accurate frequency generation
- M/N Multiplier PLL: M = 1..2048, N = 1..1024
- Serially programmable: user determines the output frequency via a 3-wire interface
- Eliminates need for custom quartz oscillators
- Input crystal frequency of 5 - 27 MHz