Used in conjunction with an external pullable quartz crystal, this monolithic integrated circuit replaces more costly hybrid (canned) VCXO devices. The IDT726A is designed primarily for data and clock recovery applications such as ADSL modems, set-top box receivers, and telecom systems. The frequency of the on-chip VCXO is adjusted by an external control voltage to the VIN pin. Since VIN is a high impedance input, it can be driven directly from an PWM RC integrator circuit. Frequency output increases with VIN voltage input. The usable range of VIN is 0 to 3.3 V.
- Uses an inexpensive 12 to 36 MHz external crystal
- Output frequency range of 12 to 36 MHz
- On-chip VCXO with guaranteed pull range of ±115 ppm minimum
- VCXO tuning voltage 0 to 3.3 V
- Packaged in 6-pin TSOT
- Available in Pb (lead) free package