The ZLED7000, one of our ZLED Family of LED control ICs, is an inductive step-down converter that is optimal for driving a single LED or multiple LEDs (connected in series) from a voltage source greater than the voltage rating of the LED. The ZLED7000 operates in continuous mode. Capable of operating efficiently with voltage supplies ranging from 6 VDC to 40 VDC, it is ideal for low-voltage lighting applications. The ZLED7000 minimizes current consumption by remaining in a low-current standby mode (output is off) until a voltage of ≥0.3V is applied to the ADJ pin.
In operating mode, the ZLED7000 can source LEDs with an output current of ≤750mA (≤30 watts of output power) that is externally adjustable (see data sheet). The ZLED7000's integrated output switch and high-side current sensing circuit use an external resistor to adjust the average output current. Linearity is achieved via an external control signal at the ZLED7000's ADJ pin, implemented either as a pulse-width modulation (PWM) waveform for a gated output current or a DC voltage for a continuous current.
- Capable of up to 95% efficiency
- Operates in continuous mode with a wide input range from 6 VDC to 40 VDC
- Integrated 40V power switch
- One pin on/off or brightness control via PWM or DC voltage control signal input
- Switching frequency: ≤1MHz
- Dimming rate: 1200:1 (typical)
- Output current accuracy: 5% (typical)
- Built-in thermal shutdown and open-circuit protection for LED
- Very few external components needed for operation
- Broad range of applications: outputs up to ≤750mA
- SOT89-5 package